Skip to content

General

General

Categories

460 results found

1. I want to promote a contributor to an owner but this is not possible.
    So I removed the contributor, but it still says "The email address is already used in our database".
    Please fix this.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. We are using APIs to sync translations from Poeditor into our system, we find it useful to overwrite only the terms in our database which have been marked with proofread on poeditor, so the plan is to setup a daily job to get all proofread translations from poeditor which have been updated less than 1 day ago, and overwrite them in our system. But this won't work since we noticed that toggling "proofread" doesn't change the update date on translations

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The update date refers to the date when the translation was last edited, so it indeed cannot be used in the case you described.

What you could do is keep all the proofread terms in a JSON for each language and compare them with the next export, to see what was already proofread and what is new, and then send to your database only the newly proofread strings.

Note that you can also export all proofread translations only when the language is 100% completed, with callbacks: https://poeditor.com/kb/how-to-use-poeditor-callbacks

3. When setting up a PR preset there is no option to set the title or even commit messages.
    We have a validation for PR title and commits messages in our bitbucket repo and it would be nice to be able to customize these in poeditor

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Or maybe I just haven't found these. In the web interface....
    * Set the context for a string.
    * Add a new string (i.e., +) on the page with the strings.
    * Reorder strings by dragging.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1. You can add Context to a term in the Terms page, hovering your button over the desired term and clicking on the C button: https://poeditor.com/kb/view-or-add-terms

2. You can add terms (keys) in the Terms page, as well: https://poeditor.com/kb/how-to-manually-add-delete-terms

3. You can re-order terms as explained here: https://poeditor.com/kb/how-to-reorder-terms-localization-project

Unfortunately, a drag and drop option is not available at this time.

5. Please implement a way to remove the fuzzy flag at one go for all the languages. At the moment it is very time-consuming to go inside every language and uncheck the fuzzy switch

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I would like to have texts translated by a professional service. I find the selection of texts for translation very inflexible. You can only select "all texts" or "not translated". I have many texts translated automatically. Now I would like to have them translated professionally. For this I need either the option "automatically translated texts" or "not proofreaded texts" in the selection of texts to be translated. Is there a possibility that you extend the function?

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. When there is a discussion on a term/translation each time someone replies to it the icon lights up in Yellow, showing that we have unread messages.

This highlighting only goes away if the current user has the last reply on the conversation, meaning that a conversation that is 'resolved' can only be un-highlighted by making a comment, which of course highlights the thread for all other users, eventually rendering the highlight feature useless in large teams and long term projects, as most terms will eventually end up highlighted with no action needed.

There should be a way for a user…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Hey POEditor team just a suggestion from my side it is when poediotr push file to gitlab file structre is differet than normal, can you give me solution for this issue it will be really helpful for me

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Translation export to Git produces empty commit (with empty change set) when no translations were changed.

I would like the empty commits to be skipped or to have an option to configure it, especially for webhooks.

In my case I run export webhook from my CI/CD, via Azure DevOps integration. I ended up with bunch of empty commits added each time the webhook is triggered.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for you suggestion.

The reason we don't ignore empty commits is because we want to keep the export process as fast as possible.

Unfortunately, there's no setting with the Azure DevOps API that would prevent empty commits, so we'd have to make all the processing on our end to compare the exported file to linked file, and for bigger files that could really slow things down.

To avoid making empty commits, you could use the API to check for updates in any of your languages (the List Languages method has an "updated" timestamp, which is the timestamp of the latest updated translation: https://poeditor.com/docs/api#languages_list). 

If any updates are found, trigger the export webhook.  We also have callbacks for some events, based on which you could trigger the export: https://poeditor.com/kb/how-to-use-poeditor-callbacks

10. Custom languages are forced to display the same icon which makes it harder to see in a long list.
    Please allow the ability to pick an existing flag (or custom icon) to a custom language.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. We have several projects that we manage and have a setup project which contains basic terms that we always use in every project the same way (keys like appname or languagekey etc.).

So a simple way to copy the full project (not only the settings) to start a new project would be our idea.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I would like to see a possibility to do an exact word/phrase search. In our system a search for the term "Patient" gives 62 pages of results, many of which are long phrases or sentences containing the word "Patient".
    Since I often know exactly what phrase/word I want to translate, an exact search would narrow my scope immensely.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. When you join some project and you're not assigned there, you can't leave it.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. It's incorrect export key as the terms included space where resulted key containing space as well which make android app error to compile.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Hi, I am JJ, worked as a Product Owner in OSIM Singapore. would like to inquiry if your team can provide a demo on this translation tool?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. When I'm trying to get translations via GitLab integration and I tick "overwrite existing", it doesn't work. In gitlab I see different translations than in POEditor.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Custom languages only shows a generic green icon, it's difficult to edit text when you have multiple of them.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Please add Okta as an IdP so my IT and Compliance Teams can be kept happy!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Hello, good afternoon

It would be good to be able to know the number of untranslated source words for a language or multiple languages in a specific project.

On another hand - the column "RW" is the value that shows the number of words the main editor adds in a specific time frame. Also, the column "words" shows the number of translated words in the TARGET languages (please correct me if I'm wrong). Neither of these two columns don't show the number of translated SOURCE words in a specific language in a specific time frame, thing that makes very difficult…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

‘RW (Reference Words)’ represents the total amount of words from the Reference Language (source language) translated by a user in the selected time frame. This is the value you seem to be looking for.

‘Words’ represents the total amount of words added in the target language by a user in the selected time frame.

To see how many words are left to be translated in a language, the project owner or one of the project admins can follow the instructions here: https://poeditor.com/kb/translation-word-count

• Don't see your idea?