Skip to content

General

General

Categories

49 results found

1. After setting a translation, we sometimes get hints/warnings of potential problems (red text below the translation), e.g. because of a different number of periods.

These hints disappear after a number of seconds. When the hints disappear, the table row they were in suddenly takes up less space, causing the whole UI to shift around.

When actively translating and/or proofreading, it happens surprisingly often that the hints for a previously processed row disappear a fraction of a second before I want to click somewhere else in the table, causing everything to shift around and me to click on something I didn't…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Hi, are you planning add a new format for Apple after they come up with new iOS 17 (September 2023)?

So we can use new "String Catalogue" for our future translations, where are 3 columns (key + original language + final language)?
    Or any other solution/idea for this new format of coding so contributors can see more than just key?

Thank You

Screenshot: https://paste.pics/35b48ff11932ae742a19228f700242f9

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. If you are in the view for a specific language and filter by untranslated to manually fill those in, going to page 2 after finishing page 1 will result in an empty list of terms. This will only occur if, after finishing page 1, there aren't enough words to constitute a second page.

I do understand why this happens, it's just kind of a confusing user experience that I wanted to note.

Steps to reproduce:

• Add at least 21 untranslated terms (so that a second page exists)
    • Filter terms by untranslated
    • Add translations for everything on the first page
    • Click…
    1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1. Please do not hide the search behind a click, it is far too important.
    2. In the terms view, please do not hide the translations of a term in a modal, it is very important to open multiple key translations at once and compare them.
    1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. There is a search in the terms page that for filtering
    the search position is on the right part and there is enough space on the left as well. This row is only contains the search input.

So, if you are typing a long text, we need to do horizontal overflow all the time.

Solution 1: The Search input can be full width initially.
    Solution 2: The Search input can be full width on focus.
    Solution 3: you can create your own solution ;)

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Sync API does changes on translations, but image that there would be an option to just get a list of items that would change, without changing. This could be easily used to build comparison tool agains local strings and content in POEditor.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. We are using APIs to sync translations from Poeditor into our system, we find it useful to overwrite only the terms in our database which have been marked with proofread on poeditor, so the plan is to setup a daily job to get all proofread translations from poeditor which have been updated less than 1 day ago, and overwrite them in our system. But this won't work since we noticed that toggling "proofread" doesn't change the update date on translations

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The update date refers to the date when the translation was last edited, so it indeed cannot be used in the case you described.

What you could do is keep all the proofread terms in a JSON for each language and compare them with the next export, to see what was already proofread and what is new, and then send to your database only the newly proofread strings.

Note that you can also export all proofread translations only when the language is 100% completed, with callbacks: https://poeditor.com/kb/how-to-use-poeditor-callbacks

7. When setting up a PR preset there is no option to set the title or even commit messages.
    We have a validation for PR title and commits messages in our bitbucket repo and it would be nice to be able to customize these in poeditor

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I would like to have texts translated by a professional service. I find the selection of texts for translation very inflexible. You can only select "all texts" or "not translated". I have many texts translated automatically. Now I would like to have them translated professionally. For this I need either the option "automatically translated texts" or "not proofreaded texts" in the selection of texts to be translated. Is there a possibility that you extend the function?

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. When you join some project and you're not assigned there, you can't leave it.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. If I log in as a contributor I have no way to see whether comments were added by other contributors or admins to a discussion about a translation.

I had to deactivate email notifications, because I received far too many. Why not have a notification indicator in the top bar, which indicates all replies in discussions.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. When a translator comment on a term, we receive an email containing the comment itself as well a the link to the comment.

On Gmail, when many comments are received for the same user, they are stacked up as conversation (same email subject).
    But because the footer of each one is the same visually, the "Link" button is only visible on the first email, not the other one. We need to click on "..." to expend the footer and click on the link.

There is probably something to be done here, maybe moving the link on top of the comment?

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. The QA checks for number of periods matching the source text are invalid in Punjabi because it doesn't use full stops.

I would like to configure which QA checks are valid for my project, and ideally per-language - with some sensible defaults per-language.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. It would be user-friendly if the AT would allow only specific terms to go through it. Currently it is either all untranslated terms or nothing. Having the ability to select which terms to pass through would make it a lot easier.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. When you accept a new contributor, you are redirected to Contributors first page, which does not facilitate accepting more contributors on the second page or other pages.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. When I'm on the billing page, I can't tell which credit card I used. I'd like to see the last four digits, so I know which bank account this comes from. When I click on 'change credit card' this still doesn't show. And it doesn't even show on the invoice, even though the invoice is 'paid'. Of course, this could be my error, but if it is there and I'm not looking properly, then it's not easy enough to see

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Hello,
    with our developers we noticed that for a text with a format on our mobile app (bold for example), when we export the POEditor translation to update the mobile app texts, the format of the text is broken.

Here is an example :

<string name="support_phone_number"><b>09 73 28 96 71</b>(Prix d'un appel local)</string>

becomes

<string name="support_phone_number">"<b>09 73 28 96 71</b>
    (Prix d'un appel local)"</string>

It also breaks the links or any tags that are attached to the text label.

Kind regards
    Claire Rohaut

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. When exporting properties files, I have to choose Export > Show Advanced > select Translated Only.

I have to do this for each language and for each development sprint. This bears great risk, because selecting the wrong option (e.g. All instead of Translated Only) may cause problems in our software when uploading the properties files (and has done so before).

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. When ordering a translation you have to select each language in turn and set the from/to settings and then add these to the order. 99% of the time I just want to get all the missing translations from the non-main language and order them. It takes an extra 5 minutes each time I want to make an order. We have switched from Transifex which does allow you to order multiple languages at once.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We understand where you’re coming from and this is exactly why we allow ordering translations for multiple projects and languages via the same order.

Howerver, whenever money is involved, we’re extra cautious and ask the paying user to give us a few confirmations that the action which they’re about to do is really what they want to do.

This is especially necessary with Gengo, because we act as a middleman between you and them: you submit the order to Gengo via POEditor (and make the payment on the spot), Gengo automatically assigns a translator from their own queue and after the translations are done, they send them back to us.

← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?